UX Researcher (Contract)
San Diego/San Francisco, CA
This is an excellent opportunity to join the UX Research Team and become a key partner in impacting the direction and strategy of PlayStation's products and services, and the future of interactive entertainment! As User Experience (UX) Researcher, you are responsible for supporting a broad range of research projects. In collaboration with UX Design, Product Management, Engineering and other partners, you will identify and work on projects using the appropriate research methods/activities.
As an ideal candidate, you have basic knowledge of generative research (qualitative and quantitative), concept research, and evaluative research. Your role is to complement business strategy, drive product and design direction, and help deliver outstanding innovative user and developer experiences.
You let your passion shine by advocating for user needs and being part of a highly collaborative research team that uncovers and implements the best solutions to user problems.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Support research studies with study prep, note taking, some moderation (As needed) and analysis
• Occasionally, lead usability tests and other small size projects
• Support UXR operations (e.g. set up lab, schedule and screen participants, prepare testing materials)
• Coordinate with vendors on outsourced projects
• Be willing to develop proficiency in core UXR skills and learn how to build successful relationships with stakeholders and vendors
• Minimum BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Social Sciences, UX Design, related field or equivalent experience
• Some UX Research or related experience
• Ability to collaborate with coworkers, build and sustain internal and external partnerships
• Strong communication skills and ability to simplify complex ideas
• Ability and willingness to learn and grow quickly
Highly desirable, but not required:
• 1-2 years of industry experience as a UX researcher
• Experience communicating with stakeholders in a business environment
• Knowledge of multiple UX research techniques
• Knowledge of media and software industries
• Knowledge of, and passion for gaming, especially game development and social gaming
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g38e6n-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.