Los Angeles, CA
UX Designer (Contract)
Los Angeles, CA
As a UX Designer for PlayStation Partners / Tools, you will define the user flows and interface for new and existing SIE internal and external applications that support the digital supply chain of SIE's products and services. The apps you work on power all the outstanding content that appears on the PlayStation console and stores.
You are a technically-minded designer with a passion to understand and solve complex problems. You must be able to communicate clearly and concisely through detailed design specifications. You'll work closely with Product Management, Engineering and regional stakeholders located around the globe throughout all stages of the product cycle. We are looking for a critical-thinker with an excellent visual and interaction design sense, and an eye for making things better.
• Create detailed interaction and visual design specifications for PlayStation Partner Tools Apps and Partner Design System
• Define the user model and user interface for new and existing products and features
• Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for change
• Ensure that the design vision is executed accurately during the development and QA process
• Ability to effectively present design ideas using sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups and prototypes in a cross-functional team environment.
• Very strong execution and attention to interaction and visual design detail.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Strong portfolio demonstrating user experience knowledge and clean visual design.
• Expertise using Sketch, Illustrator, and/or other design/prototyping tools.
• Understanding and experience with User Centered Design Processes, including user testing.
• Should be self-motivated, highly organized, and perform multiple tasks under minimal direction.
• Minimum BA/BS degree in design related studies is required with a portfolio demonstrating 3+ years of user experience and visual design work.
• Prior experience working within a technical environment is a plus
• Strong interest in solving complex problems
• Experience designing for a global audience in multiple languages is a plus
• Experience in building functional prototypes and interactive elements is a plus
• Knowledge of movie, music, and video game service and software industries is a plus
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1jpe-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.