UI/UX Technical Lead (Programming)
Insomniac's UI/UX Department is growing, and we are looking for a UI/UX Technical Lead to help us build industry-inspiring player experiences that are approachable, accessible, and immersive for everyone. This role is a blend of direct technical contribution and team management, balancing UI/UX programming responsibilities with managing, mentoring, and prioritizing the well-being of your team – one that provides a critical component of the studio's mission to create games that have a positive and lasting impact on people's lives by helping cultivate an environment of craft excellence, collaboration, and positivity. Want to learn more? Keep reading!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
• Lead a small team of UI/UX programmers
• Assist in establishing the vision, architectural design, and planning for Insomniac's current and future UI/UX systems
• Provide mentorship, performance evaluation, and career development support and opportunities for members of the team
• Plan, organize, monitor, and evaluate the team's work
• Work closely with other departments such as Design, Gameplay, and Project Management to:
• Provide technical, scheduling, and creative feedback on the game
• Help develop project goals and objectives
• Communicate technical requirements and limitations
• Ensure a balanced team schedule that meets project goals in a timely manner
• Participate in the hiring and onboarding of new employees
• Collaborate with Insomniac studio leadership to support studio cultural values and champion a positive work environment
• Advocate relentlessly for our players and the end-to-end user experience
• Other duties may be assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience developing the vision and technical architecture for user-facing systems
• Strong game design sensibilities and interest in creating innovative player experiences
• Interest in people management/developing leadership skills, with a particular focus on employee wellbeing
• Experience working on UI/UX systems in AAA games is a plus
• Experience working with Coherent is a plus
• Experience scheduling, scoping, and/or distributing technical work a plus
• Passion for game accessibility and player advocacy is a plus
• Previous experience managing a distributed team a plus
Even if you don't feel like you meet all requirements for this role, we still encourage you to apply. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting incredible candidates, and we certainly wouldn't want it to prevent us from meeting you.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role's base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE's top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
This is a flexible role that can be remote, with varying pay ranges based on geographic location. For example, if you are based out of Seattle, the estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$131,800 - $197,600 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxxy34-44-192-92-49-42 in your application.