UI Technical Designer
San Diego, CA
or Remote, USA
San Diego Studio seeks a highly skilled User Interface Technical Designer to build and support our game's front-end user interfaces. Here, you will partner with interface artists by using redlines and mock-ups to develop and implement flexible interface systems. Occasionally, tasks may include some ambiguity, so we seek designers able to consider the entire picture and eager to overcome complex tasks. If this is you, please apply.
• Implement interface screens pixel-perfect to mock-ups and redlines crafted by interface artists.
• Improve implementation practices and inefficiencies by establishing system-based UI frameworks.
• Assist in evaluating our proprietary UI editor and developing a roadmap of improvements.
• Work alongside UI Artists and Game Designers to ensure mock-ups are technically feasible.
• Collaborate with the engineering team to put in place data contracts for screen development.
• Assist building wireframes or mock-ups as the opportunities arise.
• Professional work history developing user interfaces for video games (or related) and work within UI frameworks.
• Strong technical skills and the knowledge of the industry's newest technology, workflows and software.
• Basic knowledge of software programming's standard methodologies and terminology.
• Experience working on AAA console games or mobile experiences.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to clearly explain technical requirements.
• Ability to produce high quality work quickly within strict deadlines and time constraints.
• Ability to iterate and adapt to feedback from design and playtest results.
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of animation standard methodologies.
• Multi-platform experience developing for mobile or responsive web.
• Intermediate knowledge of Figma and Photoshop.
• Strong understanding of user experiences, including UX, design, animation, art and tooling.
All applicants must submit a portfolio for further consideration
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role's base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE's top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$75,800 - $113,800 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq4wvm-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.