San Diego, CA
Technical Supervisor / Pipeline TD
Sony PlayStation's Visual Arts Services Group (VASG) on our San Diego campus provides world-class content, development and services to PlayStation Studios. Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry's best minds and companies. You will work with our multi-award winning team while working with AAA Worldwide Studios like Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studio, San Diego Studio, Guerrilla Games, and more!
We are looking for a Technical Supervisor to join our development team where you will be responsible for the planning, set up, and maintenance of our technical pipeline on all projects including environment management, workflow tools, and automation.
You will lead a team of technical artists to ensure all project needs are met, write tools for our artists for a variety of software packages, troubleshoot technical issues that arise, and ensure the quality of our final product. Our Technical Art Department works with both our art and engineering teams to help provide communication cohesion between the groups.
This position requires experience and understanding of visual effects pipelines, extensive experience with Autodesk Maya software, and strong python programming skills.
• Working with clients and internal teams to set up project technical pipelines.
• Setting up and maintaining project specific environments and automation.
• Learning and supporting varying client working environments, assets, and tools.
• Writing, maintaining, and customizing internal tools for production team.
• Building and maintaining technical documentation.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Art, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years in a branch of visual effects (film, game dev, tv, etc) with previous experience leading or supervising a team.
• Excellent knowledge of Maya with general knowledge of Maya rigging
• Strong Python programming skills and experience with PyQt/Pyside.
• Experiencing developing or maintaining project pipeline tools and system environments.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to creatively solve problems.
• Knowledge of or experience with game engines such as Unreal, Unity, or proprietary engines.
Nice to Have:
• Motionbuilder experience.
• Experience with other programming languages, especially C++.
• Experience with perforce and/or git.
• Experience with project management and tracking software (such as Shotgun).
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.