Technical Project Manager: Quality Engineering (contract)
QE Technical Project Manager (Contract)
At PlayStation, we're leading the revolution in cloud gaming as we push the boundaries of what's possible! Would you like to use your skills, time, and passion on meaningful projects that are building the future? We're looking for people who want to make a difference, love working with creative, dedicated, and collaborative teammates. If that sounds like something you would love to do, we want to hear from you! Come help us build a world-class cloud platform capable of delivering fun and unique gaming experiences to millions of players.
As a QE Technical Project Manager, you will work with our QE & cross functional teams to deliver and deploy consumer-facing software on a variety of devices. You will be responsible for working with both internal and external teams to define breakthroughs, schedules, and goals, and then supervise the progress of the various projects.
• Lead and supervise the tasks and deliverables of individual teams.
• This role requires ongoing management of teams across two geographic areas – QE teams in Texas and California.
• The ideal candidate will live close by in either Aliso Viejo, CA or Austin,Texas, to be able to come to the office in either of these locations,
• Work with QA team members to drive projects, coordinate project activities, and resolution of open issues.
• May be responsible for individual sub-components of larger projects.
• Assist with the coordination of CFTs, gathering requirements, identifying project vision, and developing project schedules.
• Work with Quality engineers, creatives, and management to maintain project schedules and to supervise, influence, and direct progress.
• Report project progress, status, and risks to project partners and stake holders.
• Work with to handle project risk, develop mitigation plans, and raise decisions & unresolved issues.
• Ensure work is thoroughly tested, meets all compliance requirements, and is efficiently implemented.
• At least 5-6 years of experience in Project Management and the full SDLC.
• Experience working on and shipping commercial software development projects.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Proven experience with modern software development methodologies, especially SCRUM/Agile.
• Excellent communication, expectation management, and facilitation skills.
• Good QA knowledge and have an understanding of QA processes.
• Able to handle multiple priorities.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Expert in JIRA.
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
• SCRUM Master certified, with experience operating and leading SCRUM teams.
• Commercial Software and/or Consumer Electronics experience is a plus.
• Experience in leading infrastructure, platform or enablement programs for internal customers.
• Gaming and start-up experience is a plus.
• Programming or engineering education or background a plus.
• Experience in managing distributed storage solutions (e.g. Amazon S3, Ceph, Hadoop, etc.) is a plus.
At SIE, working with our partners, we consider several factors when setting each role's base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the individual base pay range may vary based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for benefit offerings that include medical, dental, and vision. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below, this is an hourly rate.
$65 - $85 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0333e-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.