Technical Program Manager
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Do you have a passion for handling complex projects, building delightful and lightning-quick services for millions of gamers? Do you enjoy working on large social networking sites that provide a safe, enjoyable environment?
As a Technical Program Manager, you will put your abilities to work building online services that are performant and delightful, and working with diverse team members and partner teams on consumer products.
With your strong acumen and technical skills, you will work with multiple scrum teams of engineers and work closely with globally distributed engineering teams, product management, QA, and operations to deliver our products.
You will use industry standard methodologies for scheduling, tracking and execution of our projects as well as initiating, planning, and executing intermediate-to-large cross team or company-wide programs.
You will have a balance of people, organizational, and technical skills, and can execute and deliver successfully in situations with implicit authority. Interaction and leadership across functional lines is critical.
• Work with Software Developers to schedule development, write functional specifications, and drive decision-making to build amazing online experiences
• Act as lead in driving technical discussions and solutions to business and/or customer requirements
• Handle all phases of the software development lifecycle including design, development, testing, and deployment, while collaborating with other internal teams and groups
• Participate in initial requirements reviews, analysis to assess technical complexity and resolve dependencies
• Provide ongoing visibility into the progress, risks, schedules, and timelines of the features in development
• Develop and manage end-to-end implementations toward technical standards as well as expected delivery dates
• 3+ years of experience with managing high-volume online user experiences.
• Experience with agile development methodologies and processes required, including experience with scrum master role
• Strong communication, cross-group collaboration, and interpersonal skills
• Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, which encompass communicating to executives, product managers, software engineers, and project managers
• Ability to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams
• Prior experience as a software developer or tester
• Ability to manage a feature through the entire development and release cycle
• Solid leadership skills and a passion for building world class consumer experiences.
• Keen eye for detail and handling multiple simultaneous dependencies.
• Ability to travel and manage projects with distributed resources sometimes in international locations
• Strong sense of ownership
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in hardware or software development with a demonstrated technical capability
• 5+ years of Program Management and Project Management experience with high-volume online user experiences.
• Project Management experience with agile methodologies, including experience with scrum master, software architect, product manager and/or product owner roles.
• Ability to influence teams to improve their application performance
• Ability to develop tools and processes that will unlock performance improvements
• Detail oriented with experience leading cross-functional teams to product delivery
• Ability to influence teams remotely working with globally distributed teams and travel to collaborate when necessary.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate equally well to executives, product managers, software engineers, and project managers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqywzm-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.