The Shared Services Development Team works on designing and building solutions that provide standardized and unified capabilities for use across the PlayStation platform. These solutions empower teams to focus on their core business functions by providing operationally sound services with ease of adoption. Our services include REST micro-services as well as java libraries dealing with data abstraction, event publishing, batch processing, secrets access and so forth. As a Technical Program Manager, you will work in a highly collaborative environment with our engineering scrum team, operations and other cross-organization engineering teams to drive continuous product delivery that will delight our consumers.
We are looking for an experienced TPM who has a balance of people, organizational, and technical skills and will be comfortable facilitating large sized programs and processes. We will look to you to enable cross-functional efforts and inspire the team to achieve outstanding results in a fast-paced environment. If you possess excellent project management skills and a solid understanding of modern development tools and methodologies, we would love to meet you!
• Manage delivery schedules, timelines and external dependencies across multiple team projects ensuring timelines are met and communication flows to all partners.
• Work closely with engineers and engineering managers to create detailed execution plans, understand technical dependencies, define use-cases and desired outcomes
• Coordinate and collaborate with both internal and external partners to estimate efforts, define targets, implement, and deliver with high standards
• Demonstrate people and soft skills to generate a positive atmosphere of excitement and collaboration
• Work with key partners on gathering requirements, identifying risks, lead schedules, and communicate the status across. Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Identify communication gaps, handle issues and provide support to teams balancing opposing priorities. Get results proactively.
• Contribute to establishing standard methodologies and metrics for the organization with continuous improvement
• Use technical background to act as a bridge between engineers and decision makers. Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences, including executive leadership.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or related field, or relevant experience.
• 2+ years of experience in Technical Program Management in an agile software development environment.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, working across engineers, product management, program management, and all levels of leadership
• A strong desire to partner and build lasting, positive relationships across the company
• Self-starting, self-managing, thorough, and able to stay organized while driving multiple projects
• Demonstrated ability to influence beyond the immediate team and establishing shared goals across multiple leaders
• Experience managing projects and dependencies across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes, and coordinating release schedules.
• Experience with leading technical initiatives utilizing AWS hosting.
• Experience with agile management systems, with Jira/Confluence being preferred
• Past experience with the Scrum Master role; understanding all of the agile practices and ceremonies
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d82m59-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.