Senior Security Analyst, Security Governance, Risk and Compliance
San Diego, CA
Technical Game Designer
San Diego, CA
This is a long-term contracted assignment with our contractor Yoh Staffing with a high likelihood of extension.
Are you a game developer with an appetite for high quality, 3rd person, Action/Adventure games? Sony PlayStation's Visual Arts Services Group (VASG) on our San Diego campus provides world-class content, development and services to Worldwide Studios. We offer a full-service production studio with an emphasis in art and animation, as well as previsualization, cinematics, character creation, motion capture, software development, and face/body scanning, tracking and solving.
Sony PlayStation is building a new game development team in partnership with the Visual Arts Service Group (VASG), an award-winning, full-production studio that specializes in Animation, Motion Capture, Cinematics, Art and Scanning. This is the same extraordinary team known for its contributions to beloved franchises like Uncharted, Death Stranding, God of War, The Last of Us II, and more. We continue to partner with PlayStation Studio's best minds at Naughty Dog, Guerrilla Games, Santa Monica Studio, Sucker Punch Productions, Bend Studio, Japan Studio, Insomniac Games and more.
• Support the vision of the Sr. Design staff.
• Partner with the designers and artists to bring gameplay to life.
• Implement existing gameplay systems into a new framework.
• Gameplay scripting using text-based scripting tools.
• Improving existing level scripts for interaction and engagement.
• Ownership and maintenance on gameplay systems such as: Melee combat, ranged combat, gameplay cameras, player navigation, etc.
• General troubleshooting with technical aspects of the Design pipeline.
• Contribute to the design process of gameplay features.
• Prototyping and refining gameplay features.
• B.S. in computer science, and 1-2+ year's professional experience.
• Strong C++ programming ability.
• Thorough understanding of 3D math.
• Working experience with additional programming and scripting languages such as Python, LUA, C#, etc.
• Strong and effective communication skills.
• Self-motivated with an ability to take initiative.
• Strong problem-solving ability, and a keen eye for details.
• A passion for playing and developing outstanding games.
• Previous experience shipping a 3rd person action game.
• Console programming experience
• Familiarity with Lisp programming language
• Maya experience
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.