Technical Game Designer
Are you a game developer with an appetite for high quality, 3rd person, Action/Adventure games? Sony PlayStation Studios Creative Arts Development Team provides world-class content, development and services to PlayStation Studios. We offer a full-service production studio with an emphasis in art and animation, as well as previsualization, cinematics, character creation, motion capture, software development, and face/body scanning, tracking and solving.
• Support the vision of the Sr. Design staff.
• Partner with the designers and artists to bring gameplay to life.
• Implement existing gameplay systems into a new framework.
• Gameplay scripting using text-based scripting tools.
• Improving existing level scripts for interaction and engagement.
• Ownership and maintenance on gameplay systems such as: Melee combat, ranged combat, gameplay cameras, player navigation, etc.
• General troubleshooting with technical aspects of the Design pipeline.
• Contribute to the design process of gameplay features.
• Prototyping and refining gameplay features.
• B.S. in computer science, and 1-2+ year's professional experience.
• Strong C++ programming ability.
• Thorough understanding of 3D math.
• Working experience with additional programming and scripting languages such as Python, LUA, C#, etc.
• Strong and effective communication skills.
• Self-motivated with an ability to take initiative.
• Strong problem-solving ability, and a keen eye for details.
• A passion for playing and developing outstanding games.
• Previous experience shipping a 3rd person action game.
• Console programming experience
• Familiarity with Lisp programming language
• Maya experience
At SIE, working with our partners, we consider several factors when setting each role's base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the individual base pay range may vary based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for benefit offerings that include medical, dental, and vision. Click here to learn more.
This is a flexible role that can be remote, with varying pay ranges based on geographic location. For example, if you are based out of Seattle, the estimated base pay range for this role is listed below, this is an hourly rate.
$45 - $68 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy92k0-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.