San Mateo, CA
Technical Account Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment (PlayStation) has an exciting career opportunity. We seek an Technical Account Manager to ensure that our game development partners have the best possible experience while developing on PlayStation platforms.
It will be your job to represent all that the PlayStation platform has to offer while advocating on behalf of your developers within Sony. Few positions can offer an opportunity like this, specifically the ability to work on a wide range of important titles while helping to affect change to the future of PlayStation. To be proficient in this position, you should possess both business acumen and technical expertise to influence game development decisions while assuring that they align with the grander Sony vision.
• Evangelize the PlayStation platform towards strategic alignment of developer projects
• Track our partner relationships and collaborate with other groups around the world to create consistency in our approach to service.
• Bridge the technical and business aspects of development. Partnering internally with our Developer Technology Group engineers and Account Management groups.
• Meet regularly with PlayStation developers to proactively identify project risks, support needs, and opportunities.
• Build long-term collaborative relationships with technical decision makers and influencers.
• Maintain strong ownership of the titles you work on, triaging and helping to ensure resolution of all issues as they arise.
• Collect developer feedback and champion that within PlayStation.
• Recommend and drive technical best practices amongst licensed developers.
• Provide onsite support and training.
• Contribute to developer training events, postmortems, and advisory panels.
• Understanding of general development pipelines for games.
• 5 years of experience and knowledge of console title development and publishing
• Prior console game development experience is preferred.
• Prior production, QA, software or tool development (C/C++ preferred) with increasing responsibility.
• High level technical knowledge of the PlayStation platform is preferred.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with an eye toward providing excellent customer support.
• Familiarity with development tools and ability to quickly familiarize with new deeply technical projects in development.
• The ability to operate with little to no supervision at partner sites, providing a professional and useful service to our developers.
• Willing to travel and coordinate with leverage technical expertise in other groups to solve issues at hand. When not able to solve partner problems directly or efficiently, must be able to identify technical expertise needed to solve the problems.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent technical experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rznk13-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.