Systems Administrator II
We are seeking a senior level Systems Administrator II to join our IT team to support studio infrastructure as well as to provide day to day studio support, ensuring availability and performance of business-critical services.
You love staying up to date on the latest trends and use your technical wizardry to solve complex problems. Your customer service skills are top-notch, and you flourish in a collaborative environment, with proven track record mentoring and developing team members.
• Serve as technical lead for critical studio infrastructure, support, and services.
• Responsible for overall colo/data center management, including servers, storage, virtualization, networking and implementing data center best practices.
• Act as primary liaison across teams to ensure IT infrastructure and services align with studio requirements.
• Regularly assess IT infrastructure and provide recommendations to enhance performance and stability.
• Establish and maintain direct relationships with business units as a support resource and contributing member of the production teams.
• In collaboration with IT engineering, provide daily operational support for storage systems, such as volume management and data archiving.
• Manage and tune data center monitoring tools to ensure availability of critical hosts and services.
• Research new trends and technologies leading to testing and justification for deployment.
• Provide local site administration of IT infrastructure: Server, security, networking, storage systems, client systems, and mobile devices. Collaboration with other studio IT teams is expected and encouraged.
• Perform first and second level support and troubleshooting for workstation and server class systems and serve as a tier 3 escalation point.
• Develop and automate regular patching mechanisms for Windows and Linux servers.
• Proficient in configuration management of systems using tools such as JAMF, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
• Serve as escalation point for advanced systems and desktop issues.
• Document system configuration, workflow, network diagrams.
• Available to provide occasional on-call support as required.
• Provide mentorship to more junior team members.
• Solid background in Windows Server 2016 and later.
• Solid background maintaining VMware ESX and vSphere infrastructure.
• Proficiency with Linux administration and configuration management is a plus.
• Solid basis in networking fundamentals
• Proficiency with scripting languages and automation using PowerShell or Python
• Experience managing enterprise storage such as NetApp is a plus.
• Solid background in automated Windows deployment
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years of relevant IT experience in a similar role.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role's base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE's top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$106,100 - $159,100 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn50zk-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.