Our Staff Strategic Data Leader is a new position responsible for serving as the central knowledge point and partner for all things data, within a specific product development vertical. This role will partner with 4 other Strategic Data Leaders across other product development areas, working as a collective that is 100% passionate about driving the value of data, for the improvement of PlayStation.
The Staff Strategic Data Leader will serve as a general contractor of data, bringing in subject matter experts, and specialist teams as the need arises when insights/analysis, experimentation, data science, machine learning and other data teams are needed.
This role will partner directly with Director level+ leads from Engineering, Product, PMO and Design for a specific product development area, establishing data as an ongoing strategic priority within the product development lifecycle.
The successful candidate will take ownership to serve as a point of escalation for both business and technical data challenges throughout any project.
While not a programming position, it is a technical and consultive role with constant customer/partner interaction that requires a deep understanding of the strategic value of data, data flows, data tools and the potential for data to benefit an organization.
Further, there are business management responsibilities, including participating in Agile project management and representing the team in cross-functional forums from a position of data stewardship, that will be critical to success in this role.
A successful candidate will, in short, have the experience and vision to set the bar for data as a strategic advantage within a product development area, and guide the organization's focus and prioritization to reach it. An organized, analytical, strong communicator who knows how to balance the art & science of data's strategic value, will be successful in this role. The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties will develop over time.
• Communicate confidently and proactively with senior partners throughout the project lifecycle
• Lead multiple engagements and priorities simultaneously
• Handle expectations appropriately and keep data projects on schedule and within scope
• Data focused business/executive presentations
• Advise key partners and drive the value of data success for critical business impact drivers
• Provide mentorship to team members and assist in technical discussion with engineering collaborators to resolve issues
• Provide business mentorship to team members to promote clear and concise data delivery work, dashboards/visualizations, and business communication across the portfolio
• Contribute to business leadership functions of team including volume-based cost projections and estimations
• 7-10 years' experience working in analytics/data or software engineering
• Extensive experience working with data analysis, BI, reporting tools
• Proven understanding of common analytics use cases including critical metric development, dashboard creation, online marketing, advertising technology, digital attribution, experimentation, and media consumption
• Passion for the data domain and use of technology to solve business problems
• Must be self-motivated, adaptable, professional and deicated to customer success
• Possess an innovative, problem-solving, and solutions mindset
• Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills both verbal and written
• Proven ability to learn quickly, be a standout colleague, and lead change effectively
• Bachelor's degree + or equivalent work experience
• Experience in large-scale software engineering organizations (Agile or related experience)
• Experience with Adobe Experience Cloud, Snowflake, Databricks, DOMO, Tableau, Datorama, and/or AWS
• Conversion optimization consulting experience
• Experience in React Native or similar frameworks
• Experience with custom schema definition
• Working experience with collaborative source code management using Github or similar
• Master's degree in business or other related advanced education
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g62e8q-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.