Marketing Data Engineer
San Mateo, CA
Staff Software Engineer
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
We have a unique opportunity to join Sony PlayStation on our Platform Audio team! This team is an industry leader in audio technology. Their contributions improve the system libraries used for both current and next generation PlayStation products.
Here, you would craft and implement technology used for 3D audio, hardware DSP and virtual reality. This software is the foundation of an SDK used by leading game and content developers. Your contributions would directly advance the way audio is used worldwide. If this is you, please apply!
• Sophisticated systems level multi-threaded programming and debugging using C and C++
• Thoroughly review users' requirements and assist with integration
• Collaborate with international counterparts to contribute to the architectural design and development of audio systems and frameworks
• Partner with vendors to evaluate and implement externally developed functionality
• Prior experience as the main contributor within a similar technology space
• Possess 5 years or more of systems level programming using C or C++
• Proficient with these systems/tools: IDE's, Source Control (git/SVN), and Issue Tracking (Windows/Linux)
• Exposure to one or more C/C++ compilers: LLVM/Clang, GCC, ICC, Visual Studio or ProDG
• Have a strong grasp of code efficiency and performance optimization
Nice to have:
• Prior embedded system development
• Experienced in writing assembly and SIMD
• Understanding of concepts in digital signal processing (sampling, FFT, convolution, filters, etc.)
• Strong 3D math skills
• Exposure to game audio or audio system, gaming console and/or consumer electronics development
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.