PlayStation is the leading entertainment platform with over 80 million daily active users in over 90 countries!
The Partner Identity team builds highly scalable java based services that connect PlayStation users with the social and entertainment experiences they love. Our services provide customers with always-available unified experiences to enrich the PlayStation ecosystem with simplicity, security, and reliability. Our mission is to provide the highest level of performance and reliability for our customers.
As a Staff member of our team, you'll drive delivery and development of distributed services, engage in detailed technical collaborations with product managers, architects, engineers, and operations team members to build highly robust solutions.
Role responsibilities include:
• End to End design, development, test, deployment, maintenance, and software optimizations.
• Drive delivery of solutions that are simple, maintainable, well abstracted, and with extremely high quality, resilience, and performance.
• Perform in-depth requirement analysis and design/code reviews with peers, architects, and members of the team.
• Manage projects priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with your technical expertise and in partnership with key stakeholders.
• Problem solve and triage issues including addressing operational incidents.
• Mentor/grow other team members of the engineering team and directly engage in engineering initiatives across the broader organization.
• Represent technical domain for cross functional efforts as well as internal/external partner engagements.
• BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent with demonstrated history of success in delivering Java based web services into live production environments. MSCS highly desired.
• 7+ Java development expertise with backend web services using Spring boot framework deployed into AWS EC2 or EKS using Docker.
• Experience delivering identity services leveraging the Oauth 2.0 spec or similar authentication/authorization framework for backend services to enable customer facing applications.
• Demonstrated success designing, building, and delivering high-performance, cloud based scalable web services. Strong understanding of microservice architectures.
• Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms with servlet containers (e.g., Tomcat), JAXRS, Spring, and related technologies. Experience developing REST based web services also utilizing JSON and XML.
• Experience developing services utilizing data storage technologies such as Oracle, DynamoDB, and Cassandra.
• Extreme passion for quality, automation, resilience, and efficiency. Solid experience with agile development methodologies and with continuous integration, test, and deployment processes.
• Demonstrated ability perform operational incident triage to restore services quickly and methodically in a live operational environment. Experience performing in-depth root-cause analysis and failure mode analysis for prevention and resilience.
• Experience with tools such as IntelliJ, Datadog, Splunk, Jenkins, JIRA, Git, etc.
• Demonstrated success in partnering at all levels, and effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
• Demonstrated ability to influence and impact multiple teams. You are extremely proactive and keep relevant people in the loop. Communication is your strong suit: in code, in email, remote, and face-to-face.
• Extremely strong ability to deliver results and a proactive approach to overcoming obstacles.
• Ability to inspire, excite and motivate team members and colleagues!