Staff Software Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Staff Software Engineer, Tools and Technology
Worldwide - Remote
How would you like to influence the next generation of the most successful gaming platform of all time? Does it interest you to develop technology used by every single next generation PlayStation developer?
We are offering a career opportunity combining both your passion and skills as a software engineer while also allowing you to work with state-of-the-art technologies. We will consider candidates with professional experience to a staff Software Engineer or higher level.
The PlayStation Studios Tools and Technology Group lives at the intersection of PlayStation's game and platform development. We seek an engineer to develop novel compression and I/O technologies, and to assist in applying these to our game titles. If this is you please apply!
• You will enhance our platform technologies and tools including but not limited to:
• Runtime I/O stack
• General data compression and decompression tooling and runtime components
• Texture compression and decompression technologies
• Streaming systems
• Communicate with highly motivated teams to effectively apply these innovative technologies
• Including the platform team in Tokyo as well as PlayStation Studios game teams and our third-party partners
• Provide performance analysis and optimization of game titles and system software
• A min. of 5 years professional experience working with games, embedded systems or kernel development, including direct experience in one or more of:
• Game streaming systems
• GPU Compute programming
• Filesystem development
• Machine learning
• Strength and a real passion for C and C++ programming
• Prior exposure to CPU and GPU profiling and performance analysis tools
• Excellent ability in testing and debugging complex asynchronous systems
• Great interpersonal skills (written and oral)
• An interest in games and a dream to create something better
• Development on the PlayStation platforms or equivalent experience
• Experience of Unity or Unreal Engine or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of asset pipelines including modeling, texturing and animation
• Japanese language skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwn8bk-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.