Do you have strong technical abilities, and excellent communication skills and can be an inspiration to your team to achieve extraordinary results?
We are looking for a Staff Software Development Engineer in Test who can help ensure we're able to continue to grow our capabilities without negative impact to our passionate user base.
This is a fast-paced, high-visibility engineering position with SIE's Gaming Life engineering organization helping to develop an end-to-end automation system contributing to our brand new and exciting projects.
What You'll Do
• Define forward looking test framework architectures through creation of designs, establishing tradeoffs in cost vs value.
• Review requirements and design documents to understand and build effective testing strategies for PS console and off console applications.
• Build, maintain and improve test frameworks, and help teams set up automation infrastructure
• Build concrete test plans, write solid test cases, and implement them to ensure the quality of features. Identify testing needs for l10n, a11y, and performance testing.
• Work with globally distributed teams to engage early and provide continuous delivery of high quality software products that delight Sony customers
• Report, track and verify defects as well as monitor Automation jobs. Provide status reports to Leadership and other key partners.
• Contribute in the review of QE and Engineering procedures and provide recommendations for improvement.
• Model and teach key behaviors for owning and delivering systems that are fast, horizontally scalable and reliable.
• Passionate about Quality and strives to improve process, advocate for future architectures and designs and drives their usage across multiple teams.
• Assist with production deployment support and post release
This Role Will Require Knowledge Of
• Testing – the study and practice a variety of test techniques and methodologies, and are familiar with prominent voices in the online testing community
• Test automation – an interest in test automation to a level where pros and cons of various automation approaches are shown. To support this, solid understanding of a modern programming language is vital.
• Agile software development – understand the common methodologies and can articulate how a strong tester can best support their team in that context
• Coach and mentor junior & senior level engineers.
• Performance - passionate about application performance and care about application load time, perceived performance and user retention
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• 8+ years or equivalent experience in automation.
• 2+ years or equivalent experience in servers and tools testing.
• Experience leading, building, and crafting test strategies for SDK, Apps and consumer-facing products.
• Practical experience using development and deployment tools: Git, Jenkins, Docker
• Experience with Selenium or Appium or UI Automation technologies
• Knowledge and experience testing APIs, Libraries, SDK / Application Frameworks, Native Applications
• Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to estimate effort and size of features
• Ability to estimate the dependencies and be able to bring them on at the early stage of planning
• Experience with agile development methodologies and TDD processes
• Experience using project and test case management tools
• Experience on Web App and PC Testing is needed
• Experience with ML is a plus
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role's base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE's top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$177,500 - $266,300 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy133m-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.