It is an exciting time to be part of SIE's Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team! SREs operate right at the intersection of Software Engineering and Infrastructure Engineering. The SRE team strives to make the Platform a highly reliable, scalable, operable and secure product and service.
Within SIE's Platform Hosting Engineering group, the Site Reliability Tools Engineering team is a tight-knit group of SREs that develop core observability capabilities for the PlayStation Network. The team develops Infrastructure as Code (IaC) services and works closely with developers, operations teams, security teams, and leadership to ensure the integrity of the platform.
• Customer and peer relationship focused with strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Equally adept at software development and systems engineering/operations
• Expert level experience at building, deploying and operating services at scale with a security mindset
• Hands on experience in working with distributed systems and 'illities'' (availability, reliability, scalability, etc.) of the services
• Excellent troubleshooting skills that span code, system, and network with a methodical and systematic problem-solving approach
• Execution oriented and results driven with the ability to learn new skills/technologies quickly and independently
• Demonstrated experience following software engineering best-practices
• In-depth understanding of Unix/Linux systems internals and networking
• Solid grounding in information security principles
• Experience with automation and configuration management tools
• Experience in public cloud services and deployment (AWS experience preferred)
• Strong software development experience in one of these languages: Go, Python or Java (Python and Go preferred)
• Knowledge of the software development lifecycle with experience integrating Open-Source tools
• Experienced user of one or more source code management tools (Git preferred)
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Deployment tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, or similar
• Experience in developing tools for system configuration, deployment, and monitoring
• Experience deploying and maintaining services in AWS (CloudFormation, Route53, EC2, EKS)
• Demonstrated experience writing automation for IaC (Infrastructure as Code)
• In-depth knowledge with observability tools such as Datadog, Grafana, LightStep, Loki, and Splunk.
• Strong belief in driving operational excellence with owning efficiency and automation at the core of operations
• Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
• Experience operating in regulated environments such as PCI and SOX
• Technical certifications or other demonstrations of passion in technology (e.g., AWS Associate, open source projects, or equivalent)
• Develop internal tools to supplement or enhance capabilities of our core observability products
• Develop methods to collect telemetry from PlayStation devices and back-end services
• Build, deploy and operate a combination of open source, custom written, and vendor provided software to support the PlayStation Network platform infrastructure
• Keep abreast of new observability features, advisories, alerts, trends, and practices
• Collaborate with PlayStation engineering teams to develop mature observability capabilities
• Participate in an on-call rotation to ensure 24/7/365 availability of the tools and services delivered by the team
• BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
• 7-10 years professional experience at scale
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g43bk7-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.