Mid to Senior SAP Basis System Administrator
We are looking for an SAP Basis Administrator to join the IT Applications organization, which runs multiple SAP systems globally. The primary responsibilities include oversight and hands on configuring, monitoring, tuning, and solving the SAP technical environment on an ongoing basis. This position is also responsible for the development and maintenance of policies and procedures relating to operation and support of the SAP environment covering organizational change, including backup/restore, disaster recovery, audit and in conjunction with the hosting team maintenance of the technical infrastructure reference documents such as technical architecture, interface references, hardware, and software assets.
• Host weekly Basis Meetings with IT partners reviewing current activities & planning future activities. Submit maintenance plans for approval of Non-Prod & Prod environments.
• Coordinate annual disaster recovery testing in line with business expectations.
• Establish and handle enabling technologies such as Solution Manager and Transport Management solutions. Ensure that appropriate controls are in place to handle processes and maintain compliance with internal and external audit rules.
• Lead and run third-party software integration with the core SAP platform. Create standards and protocols for how integration will be handled and the technologies that will be used to support integration.
• Interact with development teams, configuration teams, various technical support teams, and business collaborators to optimize and maintain the overall SAP reliability, availability, and performance.
• The position has a 24x7 on-call dedication and availability for evening and weekend working as required.
• Oversight over Batch job creation, changes & update – Run batch jobs within the SAP systems including generation of new jobs and changes to existing jobs, working with business owners on requirements.
• Lead and supervise all SAP systems (work processes, users, system logs, short dumps, locks, developer traces, system traces, disk space, etc.); prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports, including archiving activities.
• Ability to learn about and support SAP related 3rd party software such as Vertex, pay metrics, SAP GUI, Sterling Integrator and others as it is integrated with SAP.
• Lead and coordinate with third parties to troubleshoot and resolve problems related to performance issues for SAP S4 HANA, BW4 HANA, BI, SRM, SCM,
• Own the planning and implementation of SAP system upgrades.
• Run and/or participate in the Application of SAP maintenance (hot packages and kernel upgrades) through all systems using a structured methodology.
Skills & Experience Required:
• Bachelor's in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of 7+ years deep technical skills in implementation and support of SAP S4, BW4, SAP NetWeaver Java systems, Fiori, GRC, SRM.
• Consistent track record using SQL to query and analyze data.
• Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc.).
• SAP Basis certified.
• Backup and Recovery tools processes and procedures.
• Disaster Recovery tools processes and procedures.
• Installation, upgrade and Migration experience.
• Demonstrable experience in performance monitoring and tuning of SAP systems.
Nice to Have:
• UNIX/Linux administration experience.
• Knowledge of EAI concepts, tools and integration.
• Solution Manager configuration and management using CHARM and Test automation.
• Three or more full-lifecycle implementations of SAP.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g30mwn-35-172-224-102-42 in your application.