Senior Manager, CRM Product Management
San Mateo, CA
SENIOR GAMEPLAY PROGRAMMER
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Pixelopus at PlayStation HQ has a great opportunity for a Gameplay Programmer. We seek a specialist to architect, implement and modify gameplay systems and supporting tools. Here, you will have the opportunity to work with next-gen hardware. You will write and optimize code with a heavy focus on usability, maintainability and extensibility. If you enjoy working with content creators to bring their artistic and systemic visions of the game to life please apply!
• Architects and implements gameplay system and pipeline technology based on technical, design and artistic needs, with an eye to robustness and maintainability
• Iterate on systems with designers and artists, incorporating feedback and changes
• Maintains and updates existing game systems for increased functionality, memory efficiency, and performance
• Works independently to complete assigned projects with limited supervision
• Documents system implementation details
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technological developments and advancements
• Supplies innovative and original ideas
• Independently recognizes opportunities to improve game systems, tools, engine or general workflow, and seeks to make these changes
• Computer Skills: Proficiency with C, C++. Experience with Unreal Engine 4. Experience designing and implementing gameplay systems. Ability to use common workplace software like Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft Office Suite products. Familiarity with performance analysis software and PlayStation SDK considered beneficial.
• Interpersonal Skills: Ability to translate artistic and design requirements into technical design, as well as explain relevant technical details to users of implemented technology. Ability to give and receive feedback in a thoughtful and professional manner. Write clear and concise user documentation.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Apply knowledge of game development relevant technical concepts, including, but not limited to, linear algebra, AI and pathfinding systems, streaming, serialization, memory management, character animation.
• Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.S.) or equivalent; or two years of professional experience or training, or an equivalent amount of education and experience.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.