IT Support Administrator
London, United Kingdom
Sr. Video Research Engineer / Scientist (Erick Flores)
Senior Video Research Engineer/Scientist
London, United Kingdom
What you will do:
• Conduct R&D on a new generation of video coding technologies and advanced video processing algorithms including AI and machine learning.
• Advance the field of video processing by researching novel approaches to video compression
• Collaborate with teams in the US, EU and Japan on various video related projects
What you know:
• Proven experience on video-related applications, such as video transcoding, live streaming, etc.
• Strong knowledge in deep learning and neural-network-based video coding/processing/streaming algorithms.
• Hands-on experience using deep learning frameworks like Tensorflow and PyTorch.
• Strong knowledge in video pre & post processing algorithms such as denoising, scaling, sharpening, deblocking, etc.
• Strong knowledge in video encoding techniques like motion estimation, mode decision and rate control.
• Strong knowledge in video compression standards, such as H.264, HEVC, VVC, VP9, AV1 and related reference software packages (JM, HM, VTM).
• Experience in assessing visual quality using both objective metrics and subjective techniques.
Good to have:
• Background in real-time computer graphics, including the fundamentals of lighting models, ray tracing, rasterization, texture mapping, and shading.
• Knowledge in low-level graphics programming (i.e. OpenCL, CUDA, GLSL, HLSL, Vulkan) .
• Experience with game engines such as Unreal Engine or Unity
• Experience in other computer vision areas like object detection, tracking, segmentation, AR/VR, etc.
• Advanced degree in a related field such as a PhD or MS
Who you are:
• You communicate fluidly with teams in the US, EU and JP.
• Given context, you're capable of self-direction.
• You are comfortable with ambiguity and shifting contexts.
• You have an impact first mindset.
• You take pride in identifying and solving the big technical challenges that seem out of reach to others
• Talent matters but so does curiosity, inventiveness and being tenacious.
• You have strong and well formed ideas that are weakly held; you can discuss, listen and participate in a passionate debate.
• You keep up with industry trends and will proactively experiment with cutting edge technologies
• You can learn from disparate cross discipline ideas and bring those learnings into your work.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0z356-44-200-30-73-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.