Sr. UX Designer, PlayStation Direct
San Francisco, CA
Who is a PlayStation UX Designer?
You are a creative thinker with a keen eye for details, you understand the technology and how to apply it to seek problems and innovate solutions. You are equal parts prototyper and artist. You never take a step forward without rigorous testing, research, and insights. And you are not afraid to play with the unknown!
You crave the opportunity to shape the experience of millions of users in one of the world's largest game and content distribution platform. You are a collaborator who can work hand in hand with a cross-functional team of best-in-class Art Directors, Designers, Engineers, and Business Partners to ideate, communicate and define our product experiences.
You will join our PS Direct team at Los Angeles and will become a part of the global SONY design community. A group that celebrates the value of design, design thinking and design process. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a global team of designers focused on elevating the standard of design across the organization while and explore bleeding-edge concepts and technology.
What We Need You To Do
• Gain a deep understanding of the PlayStation brand and services.
• Quickly produce multiple and distinct UX/UI concepts.
• Ideate innovative solutions with inputs from key partners.
• Build flows, wireframes and interactive models and the corresponding documentation.
• Craft and apply design patterns, processes, and best practices.
• Rapidly iterate on design solutions based on engineering or other constraints.
• Ability to story tell and empower partners helping them accept new solutions and concepts.
What you bring
• BA/BS in Interactive, Visual or Product Design, Human Factors or equivalent experience.
• 4+ years of experience building user-centered interactive designs.
• A portfolio that showcases, thoughtful, simple, deliberate intuitive design, with extraordinary interaction, motion, and visuals.
• Strong communication skills to clearly articulate your concepts and rationale.
• Experience crafting web and mobile products.
• Experienced knowledge of design tools (e.g. Sketch, Photoshop, etc.) for wireframing and high-fidelity mockups.
• Ability to improve and expand existing design systems/components.
• Produce detailed spec and graphic assets for implementation.
• Experience collaborating with Product Management and Engineering counterparts.
• Experience working with research and insights.
• Experience conducting testing and heuristic analysis.
• Collaborate with partners on user journey development.
• Ability to work unsupervised in an agile environment.
• Experience working with decentralized or global teams a plus.
• Experience crafting for a global audience in multiple languages a plus.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role's base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE's top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$133,800 - $200,600 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
For more information about our benefits, please visit our Careers site.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-renyw0-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.