Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Do you have a passion for developing reusable and performant C# code? Do you relish in crafting engineering solutions that are used across a variety of platforms? Do you consider test automation an instrumental part of the development process? We are looking for a senior-level engineer to join our high-performance framework team for the PlayStation console gaming system. We apply solutions and technologies to the core user experience on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, web, mobile, and beyond, with which millions of customers around the world interact daily.
We employ Agile methodologies, use modern software development paradigms, and focus on continuous improvement in the delivery of analytics for our partners. This position is an opportunity to join one of the world's most recognized brands, and to collaborate with PlayStation engineering teams across North America, Japan and Europe.
• Produce excellent design, development, testing, and documentation
• Challenge the status quo and propose innovative solutions to engineering and testing of our framework components
• Work with limited supervision under tight time constraints and respond to evolving requirements
• Contribute to existing and develop new common software components to benefit other SIE client applications
• Tutor and mentor junior Engineers within the Engineering team
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent, or at least 5 years of relevant professional experience in lieu of a degree
• 5+ years of FRONT END software development experience
• object-oriented programming
• UI Component and framework knowledge in C#
• Experience leading the development and providing technical engineering vision of medium to large-sized applications
• Experience with Git
• Experience in performance tuning network-connected applications
• Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ambitious with an ability to take initiative
• Passionate about quality and writing clean, readable code that scales and performs well
• Lower level graphics programming skills in C++ or DirectX or OpenGL
• Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2161y-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.