Are you passionate about high quality and have an eye for detail? Would you like to help ensure PlayStation software runs efficiently for developers and users? Do you want your work to influence the most successful gaming platform of all time?
Sony PlayStation's SDK development group is looking for a motivated and creative engineer to develop tools and tests to verify PlayStation Audio software's functionality and features.
• Collaborate with development teams and partners to design test strategy, craft test plans, and generate reports.
• Build test applications in C++ and create automation test scripts for all levels of Audio API verification.
• Maintain and improve infrastructure for build and test automation.
• Keep up with the current developments in the latest audio engineering and technology, including attendance at conferences, seminars, and training.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent (MS CS is preferable)
• Significant C++ programming experience (2 years minimum professional working experience)
• Proficient Python programming experience (2 years minimum professional working experience)
• Experience with different version control systems, ex: Git and SVN
• Familiarity with different Audio standards/technology is desirable, for example spatial audio technology, DSP.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent development and debugging tools experience using Windows VS
• Prior experience with PlayStation SDK development
• Familiarity with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins
• Familiarity with Dockers and Kubernetes
• Experience within game industry preferred
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role's base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE's top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$153,000 - $229,600 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxx16o-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.