Machine Learning Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Senior Product Manager, Search
San Francisco, CA (SOMA)
PlayStation's Search team is responsible for the Search experience on PlayStation consoles, websites and mobile. We help customers quickly get to the games, apps, friends and content that they love. Located in San Francisco, the team is passionate about gaming and great products, as well as being friendly, encouraging, and inclusive.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager who can continue to build and improve the search platform across all PlayStation clients and services. In this role you will work as part of a team, innovating on the existing search experience and defining what comes next for PlayStation customers around the world.
This Senior Product Manager will be responsible for defining requirements and deliverables for our search products, to help put highly relevant and meaningful content and connections in front of our players to keep them engaged and entertained on PlayStation platforms.
The ideal candidate is a Product Management professional who brings innovative products to the market and has the technical background necessary to partner with a variety of product, design and engineering teams. You should be passionate about search and machine learning technology, user experience, and consumer services. You will have developed outstanding product management skills. You anchor your decisions in strategy and defend them with data, and you thrive in an active and highly ambitious environment. This is a high impact role that demonstrates strong technical and business skills to deliver innovative features for our customers and partners across the entire PlayStation platform.
• Innovate and champion an expansive product roadmap that delivers market differentiation and delightful user experiences.
• Establish relationships and work closely with product, engineering, research and design teams to build the best products and experiences.
• Be a subject matter expert in search technology across PlayStation Network Devices for internal teams and our game partners.
• Develop requirements for new search features, products and services for PlayStation, working with partners across the global business
• Work with design teams to build solutions that are compelling, easy to use and realistic to implement
• Develop product positioning, feature development roadmap, and craft functional and deep technical requirements.
• Ensure that technical and functional requirements support both the business and customer requirements.
• Be the day to day point of contact for engineering for search solutions
• Partner regional sales and marketing teams to facilitate the Product team's domain expertise and to support the go-to-market planning, positioning, messaging, and content.
• Work with engineering teams to ensure we build the right thing and ship it at the right time
• Articulate business and consumer rationale to the teams building the product
• Prioritize features based on product strategy and global business goals
• Understand and communicate how your product is used in market, based on customer feedback, research, and data
• Understand and communicate the competitive landscape as it affects PlayStation and its search strategy in particular
Required Qualifications, Skills, & Experience:
• 5 to 7 years of Product Management experience in innovative software and/or services product company
• Recent experience with cloud-based apps running at scale for live customers is key
• Prior experience with platforms like AWS and Google Cloud is a definite plus
• Experience with Agile software development
• Knowledge of modern software engineering processes and principles
• Strong communication skills (oral and written), especially in terms of dealing with different groups of interest (end-user vs. engineering)
• Write user stories to succinctly and clearly express development objectives
• Analyze product performance through product data analytics, customer interviews, and user tracking to inform partners throughout the organization
• Has a track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to present ideas to large audiences.
Nice to Have:
• Games industry experience ideal, or media background
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0ym91-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.