Sr. Product Manager for Trust & Safety
The Senior Product Manager for Trust & Safety will be responsible for leading the definition of product requirements for the PlayStation online safety platform.
Our vision for online safety encompasses use of technologies such as machine learning: familiarity with using data to make product decisions and to power user experiences is a requirement for this role. Knowledge of how safety attitudes and needs vary across the globe will be a key component of this position, along with experience working alongside safety operations and moderation teams.
• Develop requirements for new online safety features and services for PlayStation, focused on preventing online harms and guiding players to stay safe and play well
• Work with PlayStation product teams to guide and ensure online safety features/initiatives are integrated appropriately across all PlayStation experiences
• Work with design teams to create solutions that are compelling, easy to use, and realistic to implement
• Work with engineering teams to ensure we build the right thing and ship it at the right time
• Work with corporate Legal team to understand the safety regulation landscape and decide on the product approach together with different partners
• Prioritize features based on product strategy and global business goals
• Maintain and communicate the roadmap for your features and product
• Understand how your product is used in market, based on customer feedback, research and data, feeding back into future requirements and product roadmap
• Communicate the competitive landscape as it affects PlayStation and its social strategy in particular
Required Qualifications & Experience
• 5+ years' experience in product management capacity
• Worked as Product Manager in the Online Safety realm, employing ML/AI technologies
• Understand specific online safety challenges related to the video-gaming domain
• Knowledge of the regulatory landscape around online safety
• Great communication skills – to articulate specification detail, strategic rationale, and everything in between
• Excellent people skills, with compassion to listen, communicate and identify problems and opportunities from all angles
• When appropriate, ability to travel to Japan, UK, and other PlayStation locations for collaboration with partners and other product/engineering teams
• BA/ BS Degree or equivalent
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb56oo-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.