Staff Gameplay Programmer
Remote / Virtual
Sr. Product Manager (Account & Identity), Console Account Experiences
Access to online features of the PlayStation Network through our best ever console PS5, will always start off with creating an account. As Product Manager for the Console Account Experiences, your job will be to continuously improve the sign-up and user management on our gaming consoles, making it easy and exciting!
You will help provide PlayStation customers a seamless and smooth experience utilizing the account system which is the framework for allowing customers to setup, switch, edit the users registered on the gaming console. We are looking for candidates who are up to the challenge of balancing the ideal user experience while yet providing a common framework which satisfies the wide range of features.
This role will be based in our San Diego, Los Angeles, or San Francisco office.
The Product Manager will lead end-to-end planning, development, and delivery of company products and experiences. Responsibilities include:
• Envisioning and defining strategy for enhanced experiences for gamers and partners formed from a basis in experience, research, and data analysis
• Breaking down sophisticated business problems into simple functional requirements for technical analysis
• Measuring positive impacts to the PlayStation platform and services, including overall customer satisfaction, affinity, and engagement for product offerings
• Working with globally distributed internal partners to develop a competitive roadmap for technology products and assess prioritization on the backlog.
• Defining software product requirements documentation and functional specifications for features and application improvements.
• Collaborating with designers and engineers to identify optimal customer-centric solutions, build end-user prototypes, and deliver design specifications for technical implementation.
• Validating user software needs by evaluating competing factors including business and data projections, engineering costs and user test results.
• BA/BS Degreeor equivalent required
• Minimum 5 years of experience with progressively increased responsibility in product management of software, services, and/or platforms
• Understanding of user account and identity systems with direct management and integration experience strongly preferred (i.e. Google Account, Facebook account, etc.)
• Experience defining, prioritizing, managing and releasing large-scale consumer products
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse set of globally distributed partners and project team members (UX designers, engineers, managers, business teams, etc)
• Outstanding problem-solving skills with proven ability to break down complex business problems into concise functional requirements
• Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams without direct management oversight
• Flexibility to work (including travel in the future) for key global partner meetings
• Prior experience in following areas is a plus : technical capacity, interaction design, tight collaboration with overseas teams
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.