Sr. Design Technologist
San Francisco, CA
Sr. Product Designer - Monetization Experiences
Who is a Product Designer at PlayStation?
You are a creative problem solver with a keen eye for details, you understand the technology and how to apply it to seek problems and innovate solutions. You are equal parts prototyper and artist. You never take a step forward without meticulous testing, research, and insights. And you are not afraid to play with the unknown!
You have an appetite to shape the experience of millions of users in one of the world's largest game and content distribution channels. You are a collaborator who can work hand in hand with a cross-functional team of outstanding Designers, Engineers, and Business Partners to conceptualize, communicate and define our product experiences.
Join our team in the heart of San Francisco's SOMA district and be a part of the global SONY design community – a group that celebrates the value of design, design thinking and design process. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with designers around the globe focused on elevating the standard of design across the organization and explore innovative concepts and technology.
Join us. Be Epic!
What We Need You To Do
• Gain a deep understanding of the PlayStation brand, products and services
• Collaborate with other design team members to conceptualize boundary-pushing ideas for PlayStation Store
• Quickly produce multiple and distinct UX/UI concepts
• Ideate innovative solutions with inputs from key partners
• Build flows, wireframes and interactive models and the corresponding documentation
• Craft and apply design patterns, processes, and best practices
• Rapidly iterate on design solutions based on engineering or other constraints
• Ability to story tell and empower partners helping them accept new solutions and concepts
What you bring
• BA/BS in Interactive, Visual or Product Design, Human Factors or equivalent experience
• Proven experience building user-centered interactive designs
• Demonstrated knowledge of crafting user journeys
• A portfolio that showcases thoughtful, simple, intuitive design, with extraordinary interaction, motion, and visuals
• Strong communication skills to clearly articulate your concepts and rationale
• Expert knowledge of design tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, etc.) for wireframing and high-fidelity mockups
• Ability to improve and expand existing design systems/components
• Ability to produce detailed spec and graphic assets for implementation
• Experience collaborating with Product Management and Engineering counterparts
• Experience working with data, research and insights
• Experience conducting testing and heuristic analysis
• Ability to work unsupervised in an agile environment
• Experience designing for 10ft experiences a plus
• Experience working with decentralized or global teams a plus
• Experience crafting for a global audience in multiple languages a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2906y-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.