Sr. Payments Ops Analyst - Subscriptions
San Diego, CA
The Global Payments team is responsible for enabling PlayStation Store consumers to pay for their digital content, services, and PS hardware. The Payments Team has supported the growth of the business by continuously improving the payment experience, optimizing payment routing, and enabling new payment methods. We are seeking individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit, interested in working together at the forefront of online retail and subscription services aimed at exceeding the expectations of the gaming community!
Reporting to the Global Payment Analytics & Operations Manager in San Diego, this role will primarily focus on understanding, measuring, and driving efficiencies of payments in our subscription businesses. Working closely across both our global payments operations and services/subscription business teams, you will analyze payment performance for our digital subscriptions, highlighting anomalies, trends, and fluctuations in our payments performance across the globe. Those efforts will be used to decrease subscription churn and reduce costs by implementing payment efficiencies and by focusing on retention, dinning, and offering improvements for recurring payments that will impact the bottom line. You will build and refine KPI's and use a data-driven approach to create and supervise initiatives with very high levels of impact.
What you'll be doing:
• Identify areas of improvement to reduce customer churn that is tied to payment-related inefficiencies
• Drive resolution and communicate to regional partners packaging results from analysis into one consistent cohesive message
• Communication of regional VoC and partner requirements into Global Payments organization to aid the development of any payment strategy and the formation of the payments roadmap
• Support the business with accurate, timely data analysis for new initiatives and strategic business decisions as well as making effective operational decisions
• Analytics - define dashboards for payments across partners, products, and services to identify insights and to manage optimizations
• Develop self-serve and automated reports on daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly basis that highlights business and operational metrics; identify trends and opportunities that tell a story with data
• Combining and visualizing data in a variety of tools such as Tableau
• Proactively drives new and innovative uses of data; gathers the right data from appropriate sources
• Supervise existing metrics and partnering with internal and external teams to identify process and system improvement opportunities
• Provide meaningful reporting and insight regarding consumer payment journey and friction in the payment flow globally
• Working in a global company with many cross-functional teams and large volumes of consumer data
What we are looking for:
• Outstanding analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
• Proficient in CNP payment ecosystem & subscription business
• Prior experience in global e-commerce
• Write advanced SQL/Snowflake to extract and analyze internal and external payments data. Knowledge of database architecture required
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Ability to build successful relationships with partners and ability to work closely with other business units
• Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Experience of working under pressure, in an ever-changing dynamic environment.
• Experienced in handling operational level payments data
• Demonstrable ability to turn data into visualized, impactful analysis and metrics - make data depict a story.
• High levels of personal motivation to further your skills, experience, and business knowledge
• Strong understanding of card schemes and regulation (preferred)
• Experience and/or interest in the video game industry (preferred)
• Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint (preferred)
• International work experience (preferred)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d29wy5-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.