Senior Client Partner
San Mateo, CA
Sr. Partnerships Brand Manager
San Mateo, CA
PlayStation's Marketing Partnership team is growing! We are looking for a well-rounded Sr. Partnerships Brand Manager who has a high level of energy, flexibility and who can think big. Can you thrive in a dynamic environment and can you execute detailed projects magnificently? Our ideal new team member is creative, can multi-task, prioritize, and has experience working across cross-functional teams and agencies.
As the Sr. Partnerships Brand Manager at SIE, you will be responsible for handling the strategy for how PlayStation activates sponsorships within the US, with understanding and evaluation of regional sponsorships within Canada and Latin America. You will lead key partnerships with properties and rights holders to deliver meaningful brand engagements and activations, that drive PlayStation brand affinity and expand the brand to new audiences.
A skilled marketer, you have a passion for sports marketing and experience with developing coordinated activation plans to support local or national sponsorships. You have experience and understanding of both traditional sports sponsorships as well as eSports opportunities and how to best activate in the space. You integrate critical thinking into your work, are comfortable pushing the boundaries, and execute flawlessly. As you will be working closely with global and local teams, international travel and calls involving late and early hours due to time zone differences will be required.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
• Handle end to end planning and execution of all US lead sponsorships, across both sports (e.g. PlayStation Fiesta Bowl, local team partnerships) and eSports properties
• Project management of specific campaigns, including marketing plan development, content development and roadmap, product management, reporting, asset creation and asset distribution
• Campaign support for global sponsorship initiatives, including the UEFA Champions League, where required
• Collaborate closely with properties, leagues, publishers, and activation agencies to help coordinate delivery of information and assets
• Establish positive relationships with sponsorship stakeholders, including B2B partners, and to help develop PlayStation brand partnerships where feasible
• Review, evaluate, and respond to all inbound sponsorship requests; Proactively seek relevant sponsorship opportunities based on global strategy
• Provide regular campaign updates to project partners, including senior management
• Field general requests from our network of territory offices
• Collaborate with external marketing agencies and suppliers where appropriate
• Budget management and reporting
Required and Preferred
• BA/BS Required (Marketing or Business Degree Preferred)
• 6-8+ years in a Marketing, Sports Marketing, or Sponsorship activation role
• Experience in sports marketing, sponsorship/eSports activation and/or marketing partnerships a plus.
• Roster of successfully executed sponsorship activation programs with shown business results; experience with eSports specific programming a plus
• Experience in handling sports marketing or activation agencies.
• Experience in negotiating sponsorship and/or eSports sponsorship contracts a plus
• Well versed in sports trends, sports marketing, eSports trends/marketing
• MS office, proficiency in excel, word and PowerPoint; Illustrator/Photoshop design skills desired, but not required
Candidate Preferred Qualities
In addition, we're looking for someone who…
• Always maintains a solution oriented approach to problem solving.
• Has outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Is proactive, upbeat and steadfast in the pursuit of moving the needle.
• Is excellent at collaborating with many contributors, but can filter opinions to find the best path forward.
• Is a motivated, organized, self-starter with strong leadership skills, who can react optimal in situations that require quick response and turnaround that's eloquent and professional
• Has a consistent record to build positive relationships with internal business leaders, marketing colleagues, and agencies across various industries.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.