Staff Software Engineer
San Diego, CA
Sr. Machine Learning Engineer
Open to remote or onsite at our San Diego/Los Angeles locations
The Sony PlayStation Visual Arts Service Group (VASG) provides content, development, and services to Sony Game Studios. VASG has won several awards and built a reputation within the industry as a center of excellence. We offer a full-service production studio with an emphasis in art, animation, as well as pre-visualization, character creation, motion capture, software development, face/body scanning, tracking, & solving.
We seek a Machine Learning Engineer passionate about developing algorithms. Here, you will develop algorithms with clear technical documentation and prototypes that demonstrate high quality results. You will be tasked to advance our production technology and tools related to performance capture and virtual humans. If this is you, please apply!
• Develop and apply machine learning and deep learning algorithms, work to optimize performance, and build prototypes for performance capture & virtual humans initiatives.
• Leverage data to develop machine learning pipelines & tools. Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for data analyses, model development, validation and implementation.
• Work with character, scan, & motion capture teams to identify and lead projects that elevate quality and improve performance.
• Follow software & engineering practices outlined by Visual Arts engineering team.
• Influence the Visual Arts innovation roadmap.
• Proficient in C++ and OO design in production/R&D environment.
• Strong programming skills in Python, Matlab, or similar languages
• Experience with ML frameworks such as Tensoflow, Keras, Torch, Caffe, etc.
• Machine Learning with specific focus on animation, rigging, facial performance, and character creation.
• Professional exposure to animation & game development pipelines.
• Understanding of mathematical optimization and underlying implementation of modern neural network architectures
• Strong communication skills with the ability to learn fast and solve complex tasks.
• Driven to produce high quality and innovative solutions.
• Strong math and research experience in computer vision, computer graphics, machine vision, or image/video processing.
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, Engineering, or equivalent
• Experience using Unreal and/or proprietary game engines.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.