Sr. IT Support Administrator
San Mateo, CA
The Sr. IT Support Administrator will be responsible for the consistent delivery of exceptional IT support. Additional responsibilities will include working through critical issues, providing technical mentorship to team members and focusing on setting the standard on quality of service.
• Provide technical support on incoming hardware/software issues and service requests.
• Ensure timely follow up and status updates until issue is resolved.
• Address high priority or advanced issues quickly and thoroughly.
• Provide direct support for Windows, Linux, and MacOS endpoints. Ensuring they are up-to-date and complaint with corporate IT standards.
• Maintain up to date patching and complete security endpoint remediation.
• Assists in providing root cause analysis and resolutions to trending end user issues.
• Create and maintain internal KB documentations with an attention to detail.
• Train and provide technical mentorship to team members.
• Ensure proper update to inventory and asset management system.
• On-Call assignments required to expertly support our global 24/7 business operations.
• Perform related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• 8+ years of on-site desktop support and customer service support experience
• 1+ year of experience with PowerShell or Bash scripting
• 2-3 years of hands-on Executive Level Support.
• Must have solid experience with Windows 10 and macOS, especially in an enterprise environment.
• Experience with supporting mobile devices (iPhones, Android Smartphones and tablets) under MDM solution.
• Experience supporting cloud-based IT environment (M365, GSuite, Box, SAP, Okta …etc.).
• Experience supporting standard desktop applications (MS Office, Office 365, Anti-virus …etc.).
• Experience supporting endpoints in a SCCM and JAMF environment.
• Experience with enterprise ticketing systems (Service Now, Remedy, JIRA…etc.)
• Solid understanding of Active Directory user and Exchange mailbox administration.
• Hardware troubleshooting experience with Laptops, Desktop, and Network Printers.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as being able to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms when necessary.
• Strong sense of urgency, self-motivated, and able to handle a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Ability to accurately investigate, analyze, and resolve through test results or error logs.
• Ability to comprehend the consequences of situations and take appropriate actions or escalate for timely resolution.
• Ability to work varying hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
• Ability to move or lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Associates degree in Information Technology, B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience preferred.
• IT industry certifications such as ITIL, MCITP, MCDST, CCNA, A+, Network+, Security+ preferred
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g625z0-35-172-224-102-42 in your application.