Sr. Front End Software Engineer, Mobile (Contract)
Sr. Software Engineer (Front End), Mobile
San Francisco, CA
You will be a key member of our mobile app team, to determine the core infrastructure of our next generation of cross-platform mobile applications to enhance our PlayStation ecosystem. Come be part of the team to realize the mobile experience for our 94M+ PlayStation users!
Explore the PlayStation App: https://www.playstation.com/playstation-app
• Develop a mobile app using modern Agile techniques such as Scrum.
• Collaborate with UI designers and product managers to break down requirements into work packages and craft compelling mobile user experiences, connecting PlayStation users via rich, cutting-edge social experiences.
• Develop a production-quality application in a client-side framework such as React Native
• Design and develop reusable cross-platform components.
• Collaborate with an international team of developers, UI designers, and product managers (USA/Japan/UK/Canada).
• Build on and integrate externally and internally produced frameworks.
• Represent the team in technical forums, to present designs, and to share experiences with other Sony software development organizations.
• Mentor junior Engineers within the development team
• Be a supportive member of a high performing team, often tackling key roles in a team's performance process like product ownership or scrum master duties
• Manage your time effectively despite competing priorities, and begin to identify recurring themes and priorities for/with the team
• A real passion for developing fluid user experiences
• Experience developing a complex web-service integrated mobile (Android or iOS) application
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Interest and/or experience in using React and/or React Native
• Familiarity with Objective-C/Swift and Xcode, or Java and Android Studio
• Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and new technologies
• Experience with hybrid native/web applications and WebViews
• Experience with Agile development methodology (ex: Scrum)
• Experience working with medium to large scale code bases
• Experience in performance tuning network connected applications
• Experience shipping 2-3 consumer facing, mobile/web applications
• Experience writing multi-threaded applications
• Experience with GraphQL
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb70be-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.