Senior Design Technologist
Design technology is a key pillar of design execution at PlayStation. Through exploratory prototyping and tools development, Design Technologists accelerate innovation timelines and allow us to achieve more elegant and polished final products.
You will join our team and will become a part of the global SONY design community. A group that celebrates the value of design, design thinking and design process. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a global team of designers focused on elevating the standard of design across the organization and explore state-of-the-art concepts and technology.
What We Need You To Do
• Bridge our design and development teams by implementing prototype versions of new features and products using the same technologies used in the real products.
• Navigate the complex and evolving tech stack used in existing products to understand what capabilities our design team can take advantage of, and to help push those capabilities forward.
• Contribute to the development of custom design tools and plugins using modern web technologies.
• Demonstrate professional engineering practices including adherence to coding and documentation standards.
• Stay current with evolving UI and graphics technologies across web, mobile, and native platforms.
• Bring strong attention to detail, polish, and app performance.
What You Bring
• BA/BS in computer science or equivalent industry experience
• An appreciation of the details of interface design, including motion, sound, and typography
• Practice using web technologies for aesthetic impact, including high frame rate visual effects
• Experience with common source control and issue tracking workflows
• Working knowledge of design tools such as Sketch and Figma
• Experience with Unity, C#, C++, GLSL, and DirectX a huge plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb1voy-34-230-9-187-42 in your application.