Join the award-winning team that created God of War
Santa Monica Studio is seeking a Senior Character Rigger for the development of a new unannounced title!
Animator and programmer, or programmer and character artist – which are you? No matter; you bridge tech and character. You understand the creative process, you have an artistic sensibility, and an eye for animation. Above all you collaborate with character artists and animators to deliver the highest quality vision of the game.
Talent, initiative, collaboration – bring them all. We are a large team that fundamentally works together across all disciplines. Sound interesting? Give us a shout!
• Create and maintain animation rigs and related tools
• Research, define, extend, and maintain production pipelines, processes, and workflows
• Collaborate with character artists and animators
• Identify problems; solve them by inventing or building robust technical implementations
• Minimum five years of professional experience in computer-generated art
• Intimate knowledge of Maya for rigging and animation
• Ability to research, develop, and drive new rig systems and workflows including but not limited to facial rigging, hair and cloth simulations, and non-traditional approaches to rigs
• Ability to pioneer, document, and mentor others on rig theory, systems, and production-oriented workflows
• Well-versed in human and animal anatomy
• Working knowledge of shaders, specifically as they relate to animation
• Solid understanding of 3D math
• Proficient with polygon modeling and topology adjustments related to character deformations
• Strong working knowledge of Python
• Deep knowledge of animator workflows
• Openness to share knowledge and mentor others
• Excellent spoken and written communication
• Able and motivated to work with other team members
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role's base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE's top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$110,500 - $165,700 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2e3z2-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.