Solutions Systems Engineer - Web Services
San Diego, CA
About the role:
Listen, learn, and develop PlayStation's Financial Systems. Collaborate with PlayStation Network engineering, product management, finance, and other partners in addition to the internal team. Looking for an adaptable candidate to continue our expansion in financial technology.
Develop and manage distributed-systems to integrate PlayStation's online business all the way to the financial ledger. Build both frontend and backend, including but not limited to a variety of API's, data transformations, ETL programs, and reporting dashboards.
How you will spend your time:
• Design and maintain web services to support large-scale financial data transformations
• Retire deprecated reporting systems; design and develop efficient replacements
• Migrate on-prem servers to services and servers in AWS
• Improve the financial data model in both data and technology: Oracle, Snowflake, S3, Redshift, etc.
• Collaborate/Partner with other teams including Testing, and Project Management on successful delivery of systems improvements.
• Passion for PlayStation and desire to be part of a business critical team to report on revenue/costs to business
• 3+ years experience building complex software systems; solving problems and reconciling data in these systems
• 3+ years experience in web development, preferably full-stack
• Understanding of basic accounting
• Understanding of distributed systems and backend architecture
• Fluent in SQL (Oracle and/or Snowflake)
• Ability to operate independently with less supervision while also building a sphere of influence within wider PlayStation teams
• Passion for pursuing new technologies and constantly learning
• Other tools: Linux, networking, git, AWS
• Flexibility to work remote while offices are closed for COVID-19, and work in multiple time-zones as required
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, and/or related field.
• Proficiency in SQL i.e. knowledge of window functions, backend data model design, and optimization
• Experience in financial technologies: ie SAP/ S4 HANA, FICO/FICA/FSCM
• Experience in current software industry business models such as e-commerce sales, subscriptions, preorders, royalties, revenue sharing, and bounties
• Proficient with ETL Tools: Informatica, Matillion, others etc
Why Sony Interactive Entertainment?
This is an opportunity to work on and influence the development of a really cool product with an extensive and global customer base. Small fun-focused team with end-to-end visibility of the product and the business.
Benefits & Perks:
Competitive salary, 401K with company match, education assistance, generous paid leave, and more. Post COVID-19-- on site gym and cafe, convenient and fun break-rooms with refreshments.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo5k1-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.