Solutions Systems Engineer – Core Financial Services
San Diego, CA
About the role:
Listen, learn, and develop PlayStation's Financial Systems. Collaborate with PlayStation Network engineering, product management, finance, and other partners in addition to the internal team. Looking for an adaptable candidate to continue our expansion in financial technology.
Develop and manage distributed-systems to integrate PlayStation's online business all the way to the financial ledger. Build both frontend and backend, including but not limited to a variety of API's, data transformations, ETL programs, and reporting dashboards.
How you will spend your time:
• Improve the financial data model in both data and technology: Oracle, Snowflake, S3, Redshift, etc.
• Analyze and reconcile data to support complex queries from finance, tax, and compliance departments.
• Retire deprecated reporting systems
• Migrate on-prem servers to services and servers in AWS
• Collaborate/Partner with other teams including Testing, and Project Management on successful delivery of systems improvements.
• Passion for PlayStation and desire to be part of a business critical team to report on revenue/costs to business
• Understanding of basic accounting
• 5+ years experience solving problems and reconciling data in complex systems environments
• 5+ years experience in current software industry business models such as e-commerce sales, subscriptions, preorders, royalties, revenue sharing, and bounties
• 5+ years experience developing financial applications and/or implementing ETL solutions in a hybrid cloud/on-prem platform
• Proficient with ETL Tools: Informatica, Matillion, others etc
• Understanding of distributed systems and backend architecture
• Proficient in SQL (Oracle and/or Snowflake). Experience in window functions, backend data model design, and optimization
• Ability to operate independently with less supervision while also building a sphere of influence within wider PlayStation teams
• Passion for pursuing new technologies and constantly learning
• Other tools: Linux, networking, code repository
• Flexibility to work remote while offices are closed for COVID-19, and work in multiple time-zones as required
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, and/or related field.
• Experience in financial technologies: ie SAP/ S4 HANA, FICO/FICA/FSCM
Why Sony Interactive Entertainment?
This is an opportunity to work on and influence the development of a really cool product with an extensive and global customer base. Small fun-focused team with end-to-end visibility of the product and the business.
Benefits & Perks:
Competitive salary, 401K with company match, education assistance, generous paid leave, and more. Post COVID-19-- on site gym and cafe, convenient and fun break-rooms with refreshments
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8q1x-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.