Software QA Engineer II
This position is located in Aliso Viejo, CA
This candidate will play a pivotal role in helping deliver highest quality releases for the PlayStation Plus console applications.
This person will help in the manual testing and work with other testing tools to further help integrate into the larger QA strategy as part of the PlayStation team.
• Create Test Plans, Test Cases and Execute them to ensure the quality of new and existing features
• Collaborate with distributed teams for cross-functional test plan design and execution
• Report, track, and verify defects and assess severity externally reported bugs
• Review product requirements and technical design documents to understand how the feature works on the PlayStation console and create effective testing strategies
• Report testing status to various stakeholders in team
• Managing multiple testing priorities
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
• 5+ years of experience in building and executing test plans and test cases.
• Extensive background in QA methodologies, concepts, processes and experience developing and executing comprehensive test suites for system software
• Ability to learn and understand the functionality of multiple applications and systems under test and achieve proficiency in related technologies and tools required for testing
• Strong time management and task prioritization skills
• Experience with Agile Methodologies
• Experience with test case management & bug tracking systems
• Experience with command line interface or equivalent GUI and/or Integrated development environment to build and deploy test builds
• Practical experience using development and deployment tools such as Git, Jenkins
• Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of using CI/CD tools and technologies for automated tests executions
• Experience with Selenium or Appium
• Experience working with automation test development environment and supporting automation team
• Intermediate knowledge and experience testing APIs and Service-Oriented architecture
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d82qv9-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.