How would you like to influence the most successful gaming platform of all time, by leading our teams which test and analyze the very technology our PlayStation developers use to build our best selling games?
Sony Interactive Entertainment (PlayStation) has an exciting career opportunity! We are looking for a creative, diligent, hands-on Engineering Manager who will be responsible for leading quality engineering teams. These teams will research and build the next generation of PlayStation's testing technology, and, as their leader, you will set this future technology's direction.
Experience is flexible: We are accepting all levels based on skills and experience. If you are a Software Engineer or Technical Project Manager who wants to go on a new journey into engineering management, please join us. This is a growth opportunity: We will provide the crucial resources needed to grow into a career in engineering management, and building new engineering teams.
Join us, and coordinate with our internal software development teams who are building the real-world audio, video, real-time graphics, networking (and more) featured in the console games of tomorrow. Together PlayStation can successfully innovate new features while maintaining the highest quality software standards. If this sounds exciting, please apply!
• Lead a diverse team of our Research and Development Software Engineers in Test. Own everything from hiring to mentoring, work planning, career growth and performance management.
• Support these internal R&D test groups in their efforts to maintain and improve tools and infrastructure to build and test PlayStation® sample applications.
• Research and craft new tools for overcoming inefficient processes by automating work.
• Coordinate construction of testing plans, samples, and documentation together with our global software production, documentation, and remote offshore engineering teams.
• Lead retrospective analysis of activities and champion continuous process improvement.
• Be confident to challenge how things are done at all levels and provide suggestions for improvement on process and operations with an impartial perspective.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Proficient in Python programming. (Multiple academic or industry projects completed.)
• A solid understanding of the software development lifecycle, and applying proven software methodologies to testing and driving reductions in technical debt.
• Experience with software engineering practices, and exposure to software automation and testing systems (for example, Jenkins).
• The following are very nice to have (but not required): Past experience with cloud computing and containerization (Docker), or game development. Completed project management certifications (for PM applicants).
Skills and Characteristics
• For Software Engineer applicants: Experience in supporting project needs and requirements in an Agile environment (for example, successful stints as a Scrum Master).
• For Engineer Manager applicants: Proven success leading medium size Agile teams in the QA and testing domain. (Software engineering managers with deep experience and understanding of testing groups and processes should also apply.)
• Possessing outstanding verbal and written communication skills, which encompass communicating to product managers, software engineers, project managers, and customers.
• Creative and ambitious teammate who embraces change and has a desire to continually improve.
• Experience recruiting software engineering talent.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate problems in advance and tackle them rather than responding to them afterwards.
• Patient, persistent, pragmatic and encouraging.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb5z06-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.