We are seeking a highly motivated Software Development Manager to handle the day-to-day management duties of a Software Engineering team developing content supply chain and data pipeline infrastructure. You will be responsible for creating a highly productive engineering environment both through automation and the removal of barriers to your team's efficiency while also making sure your team is growing both in size and in their skillsets.
• Overall management and mentorship of a hardworking development team of both senior and junior level engineers.
• Build and develop a high-energy, committed, motivated engineering team focusing on engineering and operational excellence to deliver awesome business results.
• Strong communication, cross-group collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
• Lead multiple concurrent projects. Estimate, plan, and slice projects to deliver frequent value to production.
• Participate in technical communication within the team and to other groups associated with specified projects to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
• Collaborate across business units and product teams to develop and execute against the team's vision, strategy, and roadmap.
• Experience with agile development practices emphasizing on continuous improvement.
• Solid leadership skills and a passion for building large scale consumer experiences.
• Comfort with proactively and independently driving for results in small team environments.
• Overall 6+ years of software development experience with exposure to leading the team.
• Prior experience in open source technologies, such as Java, Kafka, Spark, Hibernate, Spring, MySQL etc., is a strong plus.
• Prior experience in building, deploying, and managing systems in Amazon Web Services.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
• Major in computer science, math, or equivalent technical disciplines.
• Proven ability to manage, mentor and motivate teams.
• Prior experience in building, deploying, and managing systems in Amazon Web Services is a plus
• Prior experience in building, deploying, and managing web applications is a plus
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9452m-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.