Senior Software Engineer, Payments
San Mateo, CA
Software Engineer, Tools Developer
San Mateo, CA
Looking for a challenge?
We have an excellent opportunity here at Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation! We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our Platform Engineering Team to develop, maintain, and improve the in-house development tools used to build the rich set of user experiences for the PlayStation console.
In this role, you will have the chance to create application development workflows, implement debugging and profiling tools, and make a significant impact on the efficiency of development teams throughout the organization. As part of SIE, you are presented with the best place to work and play.
What you will be doing
• Implement application debuggers and performance analysis tools while collaborating with framework teams to integrate development workflows into the runtime
• Continuously improve application development workflow by collaborating with application teams to understand development requirements.
• Maintain stability and quality of the code base by applying development standards while using automation to support internal CI/CD workflows
• Work closely with Project Management team to ensure progress and risks are clearly communicated
What we are looking for:
• BS degree in Computer Science
• Proficient with developing in C/C++ or C# programming language
• Proficient with git/GitHub
• Experience with debugger development
• Experience with authoring VS Code or Visual Studio extensions
• Experience with .NET and .NetStandard
• Experience with developing cross-platform GUI applications for Windows and MacOS
• Knowledgeable with Jenkins or any CI/CD tools
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.