As Software Engineer Product UX & Tooling you will build applications and services that our internal customers at Future Technology Group use to develop the future of gaming! Your responsibility in this role will be to extend our internal tooling platform using front end and back-end technologies to craft UI tools, services and APIs. Writing Unit Tests, and prioritizing bugs is viable to ensure the quality of our code. To be successful at PlayStation, you should be able to communicate impediments, estimates and progress to project management and customers, share knowledge with the engineering team, and take ownership of the implementation and delivery of features from concept phase to production release. You will work closely with our UX designers and internal tooling teams in this position.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with 2-4 years of relevant development experience
• Experience developing either front-end web applications using Angular, React, Vue (or similar SPA frameworks) or back-end applications using NodeJS.
• Knowledge of web technologies such as REST, JSON, Web sockets
• Familiarity with an agile development environment
The following attributes are a plus:
• Experience with some of the following technologies: MongoDB, Kubernetes, AWS, Okta, Grafana, Prometheus, Envoy, HAProxy, Gitlab, PostgreSQL
• Proven understanding of Linux and Bash
• Experience with Python or Go
• Involvement with open-source projects
• Being a gamer
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9xzkm-35-172-111-71-42 in your application.