Sr. Program Manager
Los Angeles, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure
Software Engineer in Test
(Flexible: Remote / Aliso Viejo, CA / Austin, TX)
Join the cloud gaming infrastructure team of PlayStation!
Do you have a passion for design, development and quality? If so, we have an excellent opportunity! We are looking for motivated and creative engineers to join a global initiative in robust test automation and CI/CD systems. Here, you will help validate and innovate PlayStation's cloud gaming software and hardware systems. This is an opportunity to utilize your programming and software testing skills. If this is you, please apply!
• Researching and building test tools, methodologies, and new industry trends to upgrade existing process and practices
• Working with software developers to build software artifacts (e.g., test cases, test plans, test procedure, etc.) and drive testing effort throughout the software development cycle
• Crafting, developing, maintaining, and fixing automated tests through continuous integration for improved feedback
• Reporting system bugs, debug and isolating problems, and verifying the fix
• Participating in code reviews and coordinating with other teams for peer design creation and improvement
• Working with multi-functional group with internal partner engineering team in a well-adapted agile environment
• Representing team, working efficiently with minimum supervision while showing excellent team demeanor and lead final quality on the production release
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
• 3+ years of relevant programming experience, preferably in Software development engineer in Test (SDET) or Software engineer role
Skills & Knowledge:
• Must have the ability and knowledge to develop code in any programming language such as python, java, go; Python preferred.
• Experience with GitLab or other continuous integration systems or CI/CD tools
• Previous experience with open source or in-built test automation framework, test design strategies, automating tests
• Exposure to containers (preferably Kubernetes) or related technologies
• Experience with tools such as Git, Artifactory, and JIRA
• Proficient in reading various source code languages and software patterns and methodologies
• Strong analytical abilities, problem solving and attention to detail
• Ability to handle parallel tasks and accurately detail resolutions
• Gamer is a plus!
• Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong communication and documentation skills.
• Accountability, ability to influence.
The above description is not a comprehensive list of all the requirements and responsibilities. These may change over time according to the business need.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.