San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer II
Location: San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
At PlayStation® we are proud of our open work culture. Our primary asset is our extraordinary team of hardworking engineers, and technically minded managers. We have cool technology and exciting growth projects ahead. You are encouraged to grow into full input and ownership in several projects and areas! We inspire sharing of ideas and are open and willing to incorporate new ones. We maintain a fun, considerate, open, inspiring culture where engineering is trusted and empowered to perform at their best.
The Software Engineer II is responsible for design and implementation of interactive web-based services. In this role, you will be building and maintaining Scala and Python code and provide component level designs for the Machine Learning Platform that powers several PlayStation 5 experiences!
• Perform in-depth analysis of functional and business requirements.
• Drive and participate in code reviews.
• Design and write comprehensive automated tests.
• Apply advanced technical knowledge to maintain multiple technology areas.
• Strive to become a Subject Matter Expert in an area.
• Participate in designing end to end solutions.
• Proactively identify and take on new tasks.
• Provide time and resource estimates for your work.
• BS degree in computer science or equivalent.
• 3+ years of experience with Java/Scala or Python.
• Experience optimizing Data Structures and Algorithms.
• Experience developing highly scalable services
• Possess the drive and real passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
• Possess extraordinary verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with team members at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
• Knowledge of Spark and Aerospike (or other NoSQL technologies) is a huge plus.
In 30 days, you will have developed a basic understanding of the Machine Learning Platform tech stack and infrastructure. You will have contributed to features in the codebases and worked closely with the team to get up to speed with team processes. We will focus on making sure you have all the tools to succeed.
In 60 days, you will have a good grasp of different parts of the platform and are able to propose changes to improve it. You will work with your team to come up with designs and start developing features.
In 90 days, you will know the Machine Learning Platform in detail and are comfortable tackling large features and delivering them in a timely manner. You would have worked closely with the product and got a deep understanding of the roadmap and began design and development of large end to end solutions.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.