San Diego, CA
Our team strives to iteratively learn, improve and automate our business and technical processes every day, which continually raises the bar for engineering and operational perfection within our organization. As a Software Engineer II, you will develop, test, and deploy highly available and scalable distributed systems and services within our Payments team.
You will continuously improve software, tools, processes and push the limits of technology. Work in an agile and highly collaborative environment with our globally distributed engineering teams, architecture, product management, quality assurance, and operations. You will work closely with business operations and product management teams to groom requirements and develop them into capabilities that will address gaps in our business processes. You will play a meaningful role in driving the continuous, end-to-end delivery of our software, from inception, to development, all the way through to production.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical degree
• 3+ years of experience developing enterprise grade tools and automation software using Java, Web Services, REST, JSON/XML
• 2+ years of experience developing and/or integrating with AWS native services such as EC2, EKS, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, etc.
• Experience building backend Java Services and Frameworks using Java/JEE. Should know Java-8.
• Experience and familiarity with highly scalable services.
• Experience with advanced web UI technologies (e.g. jQuery, AngularJs, ReactJs)
• Experience with Oracle, MySQL/Aurora/Cassandra database
• Proficient in the software developing life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
• Possess deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
• Comfortable developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms
• Knowledge and experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices and technologies (CI/CD)
• Experience in quality assurance and validating services in both non-production and production environments
• Strong debugging and analytical skills.
• Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with others at all levels
• Experience working in SCRUM/Agile environment
• Previous experience with an e-commerce company or payments software
• Experience with monitoring and log management tools (ie: DataDog, CloudWatch, Splunk)
• Solid understanding of networking systems and protocols
• Experience with Spring framework
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro3pop-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.