San Diego, CA
Contract Software Engineer (Java)
As a Software Engineer on the Service Platform Engineering team, you'll play a key role in the design and development of service and applications for PlayStation network platforms.
• Accountable for crafting and maintaining highly scalable JAVA applications and Services.
• Provide technical/engineering support for new and existing applications.
• Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development process.
• Develop tools and applications by producing clean and efficient code.
• Review and debug code.
• Perform validation and verification testing.
• Document code.
• Collaborate with internal engineering and operation teams to fix and improve applications.
• Collaboratively work with operations team to resolve or diagnose defects.
• BSc. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years of experience with Java.
• Experience building software solutions on AWS cloud and utilizing AWS products and services.
Skills and Knowledge
• Working knowledge of Java and React programming
• Solid understanding of RESTful API architecture and development.
• Knowledge of security standards and techniques for web applications.
• Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms.
• Experience delivering high performance, active-active, linearly scalable services (Enterprise Java/J2EE, Web Services, NoSQL, REST).
• Knowledge of agile development methodologies and test-driven development processes preferred.
• Experience using source control (esp. Git) and bug tracking systems in a team environment.
• Experience in object-oriented analysis and design.
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of Python 3 and at least one of the Python web frameworks such as Django, Bottle or Flask.
• Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
• Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams!
• Possess the drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.