The Service Admin Tools (SAT) team builds customer-centric, scalable, highly performant, and secure Java and Python based services for our internal customers to manage, operate and protect PlayStation Network. We play a key role in building and supporting tools that enable our internal teams to resolve customer issues so they can play and enjoy more, safeguard PlayStation Network managing user access, and customize experiences that our customers love.
We are looking for a Software Engineer on who will develop distributed services, collaborate with architects, engineers, and operations team members to build highly robust solutions.
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software
• Provide solutions that are simple, maintainable, well abstracted, and with accurate test coverage
• Perform in-depth requirement analysis and design/code reviews with peers
• Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with your technical expertise
• Participant in rotational, on-call support for Production/critical issues
• Create required technical and user documentation
• Collaboratively works with operations/SRE team to perform root cause analysis and triage issues including addressing operational incidents
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with strong hands-on Java development experience for backend web services using Spring boot framework
• Experience developing REST based web services also utilizing JSON and XML
• Experience building software solutions on AWS cloud and utilizing AWS products and services (EC2 or EKS or Docker)
• Experience developing and deploying applications on Unix/Linux platforms
• Experience with servlet containers (e.g., Tomcat), JAXRS, Spring, and related technologies
• Experience with tools such as Datadog, Splunk, Jenkins, JIRA, Git etc.
Skills and Knowledge
• Enterprise Java and Spring Boot Framework
• Reactive programming
• Familiarity with data storage technologies such as Oracle, DynamoDB, MongoDB, and Cassandra
• Security standards and techniques for web applications
• Agile development methodologies and familiarity with continuous integration and deployment processes
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results and a proactive approach to overcoming obstacles
• Strong object-oriented design and code review skills
Nice to have:
• Python 3 and at least one of the Python web frameworks such as Django, Bottle or Flask
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
• Possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
• Possess the drive and passion for quality and taking ownership for operational issues and customer feedback
• Works well with others at all levels, and effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp09px-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.