At SIE, our PSN platform is a critical business asset that facilitates business operations, empowers decision-making, and provides crucial insights into opportunities for improvement of PlayStation products and services. With over 100 million monthly active users, 47 million active subscribers and 15 million daily concurrent users, every day is an opportunity to learn, grow and innovate!
We are looking for a Software Engineer II who will join a team of innovated engineers working on several key areas of our platform. The Software Engineer II is responsible for design and implementation of interactive web-based services. In this role you will be creating and maintaining Java code and provide component level designs for the Sony PlayStation Network platform.
• Participate as a member of development team.
• Perform in-depth analysis of functional or business requirements.
• Participate in code review.
• Prepare and execute unit tests.
• Apply advanced technical knowledge to maintain a technology area (e.g. Java).
• May perform solution design.
• Implement end user or enterprise infrastructure or services prepared by more senior technologist.
• Perform work assigned by others.
• Provide time / resource estimates for assigned tasks.
• Required Qualifications:
• BS degree in computer science or equivalent
• 3+ years of experience with Java
• Development experience using Java, XML/XSL, JSON
• Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms
• Experience with servlet containers (e.g., Tomcat), JAXRS, Spring, and related technologies
• Experience with agile development methodologies and test driven development processes preferred
• Experience using source control (esp. Git) and bug tracking systems in a team environment
• Experience in object-oriented analysis and design
• Experience developing web services using JSON and XML.
• Experience with AWS Kinesis, Glue and DynamoDB
• Must possess the drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
• Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkzmqq-34-231-147-28-42 in your application.