We have an excellent opportunity to join Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation. We seek a Software Engineer II interested in developing the Partners Platform. The Partners Platform is the collective term for all the applications and services, used worldwide, by which developers interact and supply their content onto the PlayStation platform, including games, movies, music and more.
You will join our San Mateo based engineering team as a full stack engineer. You will be challenged with balancing the development of key features of the platform to strengthen our relationship with our partners and modernizing a mature, critically important application. Your development work will be essential and directly impact our partners. The ideal candidate would have significant experience developing and supporting a large scale web application in an agile environment, proven knowledge of full stack web application development, and passion for modernizing mature web applications.
Along with our dedication to deliver valuable products to our partners, we also have an ongoing commitment to cultivate and develop your individual talent. We will provide access to training materials including a focused onboarding period when you start with us. Each engineer has protected time each month to further their learning and hone their skills.
What you'll be doing:
• Collaborating with your team to build best in class enterprise applications that are essential to the core of PlayStation's business.
• Collaborate on new cloud based services (AWS) using PHP, Node.js, Java, Go or a technology best fit to tackle the problem.
• Build front-end user experiences to spec, working closely with Product and UX.
• Take ownership of and support features, applications, and services delivered by you and your team.
What we're looking for:
• 2-5 years of professional experience developing and supporting large scale web applications.
• Passion for writing high-quality, reusable, effective, scalable and testable code.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Passionate about a balanced team culture and collaboration within a hard-working environment.
• Seeks out continuous improvement to refine products and processes.
• Methodical, analytical, and creative about your work.
• Professional experience with PHP and other server-side languages (e.g. Hack, Node.js, Java, Go, Python).
• Front-end web development experience.
• Professional experience with API building and querying languages (e.g. GraphQL).
• Professional experience with MVC frameworks (e.g. Agavi, Spring).
• Professional experience with relational database technologies (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL).
• Cloud infrastructure exposure (e.g. AWS).
• Version control and team collaboration (e.g. Git, GitHub).
• Professional experience with Unix/Linux environments (e.g. LAMP).
• Common design patterns experience.
Exposure to the following is a plus:
• Agile project management systems (e.g. Jira)
• AWS services (e.g. SNS, SQS, Lambda, S3, EKS)
• Event-driven applications (e.g. Kafka, Solace)
• CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, Kubernetes)
• Microservices and MFE (Micro frontend) architecture
• User interface styling (e.g. Styled Components, CSS Modules, etc.)
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role's base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE's top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$138,900 - $208,300 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d25zoy-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.