Software Engineer II, Front End
Aliso Viejo, CA
You will be a key member of our web app team and determine the core infrastructure of our next generation of cross-platform web applications to enhance our PlayStation ecosystem. Come be part of the team to realize the web experience for our 94M+ PlayStation users.
• Develop a web app using modern Agile techniques such as Scrum.
• Collaborate with UI designers and product managers to break down requirements into work packages and craft compelling web user experiences.
• Develop a production-quality application in a client-side framework such as React.
• Collaborate with an international team of developers, UI designers, and product managers (USA/Japan/UK/Canada).
• Build on and integrate externally and internally produced frameworks.
• Represent the team in technical forums, to present designs, and to share experiences with other Sony software development organizations.
• Responsible for working with the team on debugging and solving complex issues and deliver solutions that work within existing codebases
• Independently manage your time to deliver your work, and be an active contributor to team processes
• Understand the importance of testability when it comes to your work, and deliver tested, feature-complete code that adheres to engineering and QA standards for testability.
• A real passion for developing fluid user experiences.
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Working knowledge of the general web landscape, architectures, trends, and new technologies.
• Experience with Agile development methodology (ex: Scrum).
• Experience measuring UI/App performance, especially around UI response time and network use.
• Experience shipping 1-2 consumer facing, web applications.
• Experience developing for Android or iOS platforms desired
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpxw1x-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.